Friday, September 19, 2008

Our little Ella


Ella seems to be different than any of my other children as babies. She always has me guessing and I thought I would just mention a few things that I've noticed about Ella and her personality.

1. She does things her own way. Namely scooting on her bum and not walking (she's

14 months). And killing me.

2. She loves taking a bath. I can not get her ready in the morning without giving her a bath. If I say to her "let's get dressed" she gets so excited and then if I go upstairs and head towards her bedroom instead of the bathroom she instantly cries. It is so fun to tease her.

3. She adores her siblings. Her brothers and sister can entertain her like no others. She loves them and I love to see her reaction when they come home from school or playing. They are usually the only ones who can really get her laughing.

4. She looks at most everyone like they have three heads. It is really hard for stangers and even those she knows to get her to smile or show any type of emotion besides disgust. You really know if she likes you because she will actually respond to you. She has been like this since she was really little. Not the most smiley baby, but when she does smile it melts my heart.

5. Ella loves to be outside. We have found ourselves taking her on a lot of walks. She loves her wagon . Our kids are doing a lot of sporting events outside and it has been really easy to take her because she will just play in the grass and is so happy. I'm not looking forward to winter at all.

6. Ella is a fabulous sleeper at night. She sleeps from basically 7pm to 7am. I love this. On the other hand, she is a terrible napper. I can't count on anything. She takes only one nap a day and I'm lucky if it's over an hour. I hate that, it makes the days so long.

There are many other things that makes her one of a kind, and it is so fun to figure those out. We love her so much and she keeps us guessing.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

She is so darling, Julie. And don't worry about the scooting, my niece did that and then took off running.

kara jayne said...

It's so fun to get to know your little Ella better. She is a doll, and I'm so glad you guys are enjoying her!

Laurel said...

Love he new background! I loved seeing Ella's pictures and you expressed yourself beautifully in discribing what she is like. Love you sis!

The Jarvis Family said...

what a fun post. I love reading these so I can get a glimpse into your family while we live so far away. Love that little girl!

Annie Ruden said...

Hey, getting more posts up. Nice. Plus a new fancy background, I like it. Ella is a doll! I can't wait to spend some time with her at THanksgiving. Love you guys!