Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Power Days

I Lately started doing this thing that I call "Power Days" it goes something like this. I try to do everything I can, around the house, in one day. It has to be a day that I know I don't have to do a lot of running around because I don't want to be interrupted. Yesterday I managed to clean the house, do some laundry, organize the drawers in the kitchen, iron, grocery shop, (after the kids were in bed), and of course take care of the four children that I do have and all their friends. It is nice because the children recognize my power days and are so good to help out. What is even better is that I can look at the whole week and not stress about trying to get a ton done. Of course I have to do the daily things with some extras each day, but I have realized that it really does free some time up on those days. I do get to bed later than usual and I'm really tired at the end of the day. But I love when I wake up and know that I accomplished so much the day before. We will see how long it lasts, because there are many days that I do have to do a lot of running around, but for now I am loving my power days.

6 comments:

The Jarvis Family said...

I totally do power days! Thing is, I don't when they are going to come. Some days I just have lots of energy and can get soo much done. I just pack it in like crazy. I don't know how much I get done the next day however -- I'm exhausted!

kara jayne said...

Ummmm how come I didn't know about this little blog of yours until now?! I'm so happy to see it. We had a great time seeing you guys last month.

I love the idea of Power days. I'm going to give it a try!

Kara said...

I wish power days would work for me- I think I would get half way through a task and realize I wanted to start a new task, and never finish the first task. I'm more of a power starter!

Nichols Family said...

Stop hiding! I didn't know you had a blog either! When do you come to AZ next? Great to see new pics of your family! Keep in touch.

Shawni said...

Hey Jules, I wouldn't put it past you that you have power days. You are a power day kind of girl. And now you've inspired me to have my own power days, although lately it seems like it needs to be every day. Man I'm so glad you started a blog. Sure love you guys. It was so fun ot see you this summer...

J. Crew said...

Julie I found your blog! It is so good to see your sweet family. Sam talks about Isaac all the time and feels so left out when the Triplets come to visit. I hope all is well. Tell everyone Hi!