Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ups and Downs

Life is full of ups and downs as I have experienced it this weekend. We had a great time watching Isaac play in his first baseball tournament. He made some great plays and got his first hit. He also made it into home a couple of times to score some points for his team. It was great to see him take all the practicing he has done the past few weeks and apply it to a game. We are also fortunate enough to have my neice Allie come to visit us. She was going to come on a plane by herself, so I was worried about getting there on time so that she wouldn't be too nervous. Well on the way I managed to turn into a parking lot and not see a spot where a rock was and my car went up and on top of the rock. (you can stop laughing now). I was panicked. Seth was near by so he came and switched cars with me and I hurried to the airport. He unfortuatley had to stay and wait for the tow truck so all the passerbys of course thought he had done this to the car. He is a great guy and I was glad he was around. I was late picking up my neice, but she waited patiently and all was well. I just need to be better with dealing with all the ups and downs that do come in life. I don't roll with the punches very well and I'm determined to be better at doing that. Did I also mention that my car's air conditioner doesn't work, my dryer is burning holes into our clothes, and our ice machine only crushes ice, and my camcorder keeps ejecting the tape. When it rains it pours. But my children are healthy and enjoying summer and we are blessed with great family and friends who have helped us out with all of our ups and downs. I don't know what I would do without them.

2 comments:

Kara said...

I couldn't stop laughing, as I pictured Seth sitting in the car waiting for the tow truck to arrive as people drive past him thinking, "You moron- I can't believe you did that to your car." Way to take one for the team Seth!

The Jarvis Family said...

You're so cute Julie. I could do better with the ups and downs too. I'm so jealous Allie is there and can't get over not coming up for the weekend! I'm so dumb!